In-person services are held at St Leonard’s at 9.45am each Sunday and are live-streamed through our facebook page.
If you would like to attend St Leonard’s in person, please register at stleonardslexden.eventbrite.co.uk and some simple guidelines around your visit. We are continuing to wear face masks in St Leonard’s Building.
Those without access to the internet should contact our Parish Administrator by leaving a message on 07582 442682 before noon each Friday.
We have a protected social distancing area at the back of the nave, the church is kept well-ventilated, and hand sanitising is requested as you enter and leave our building. You can find our risk assessment here.
Times of services and other arrangements may need to change as we discern the best way forward. Keep an eye on our email newsletters, website and social media for updates.
St Leonard’s is usually open for individual private prayer from 1-3pm each Sunday, and on Monday and Thursday mornings.
WHEN IS WORSHIP HAPPENING?
Our Parish Eucharist usually takes place at 9.45am on Sundays and is live-streamed through Facebook.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO ATTEND?
- PLEASE REGISTER BEFOREHAND at stleonardslexden.eventbrite.co.uk
- USE THE TEST & TRACE QR CODE
In case the present outbreak affects the congregation, we ask that you use the NHS App to scan the Test & Trace QR code on entry to St Leonard’s. It’s displayed by the door.
- FACE COVERINGS
Visitors wear a covering overing their mouth and nose while in St Leonard’s building. A visor can be worn in addition to a mask, but is not a substitute for a mask.
- WRAP UP WARM (if the weather is cold)
Thorough ventilation is a key part of our risk assessment to reduce risk in the building.
- Anyone who is not showing symptoms associated with COVID-19
- Anyone who is not self-isolating due to a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19 in their household, or because they have been requested to so by NHS Test & Trace or another official body
- Enter through the North West (Lexden Road) door, which will usually be opened around 10 minutes before the beginning of each service. (Exit through the door on Church Lane.)
- You will then sanitise your hands by the door.
- Pick up an individual order of service. Please deposit them as you leave.
- A steward will then indicate where you should sit. Tell them if you would like to sit in the protected socially distanced area at the back of the church.
- You will be able to sanitise your hands before receiving Holy Communion. For now, Holy Communion will be received in one kind (consecrated bread) into the hand only, at the bottom of the chancel steps.
- Individual hymn books will be by your seat (please leave these in place at the end of the service)
- Please leave the church through the south east extension door (facing Church Lane) only.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE TO MAKE YOUR VISIT FOR WORSHIP AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE
Following government and Church of England guidance we have completed a risk assessment (which can be read HERE) and are maintaining the following measures:
- Face coverings will be worn (unless exempt).
- A safe space for those who wish to distance as we presently do will be available in the best ventilated part of the church.
- Those presiding at the Eucharist will take lateral flow tests before doing so, and will thoroughly sanitise their hands and wear face masks during the distribution.
- Good ventilation, a one-way system, and hand sanitizing on entry and exit will continue.
- Social distancing measures will be maintained for Junior Church sessions.
- Stewards will continue to clean high contact surfaces (light switches, pew tops) around services.
- In case the present local outbreak affects those attending our services, the Test & Trace QR code remains for scanning. Registration for services remains.
- Live-streaming of the 9.45am service will remain.
- Holy Communion will continue to be received in one kind (consecrated wafers) for now. Hand sanitiser is available for those who wish to use it during the distribution.
- We ask that you only use the church toilets if you have no other option but to do so. The toilets will be cleaned after the service.