Our church hall is a separate building behind the church and is available for hire. It can be used by anyone including non-church members for any suitable purpose. The hall has the following facilities:
- a separate fully-fitted kitchen
- a stage with basic sound system
- wifi with good coverage around the hall
- toilets (with access for disabled and baby changing facilities)
Please use the contact details below to enquire further regarding availability, costs and further details. Location, address, parking and accessibility details are below.
Existing weekly bookings
The Church Hall is usually unavailable at the following times due to existing weekly bookings, but do contact our administrator to check 01206 575565 or email [email protected]
- Monday evening: 7.30pm – 9.30pm
- Tuesday mornings: 9.30am – 10.30am
- Tuesday evenings: 7.30pm – 10.00pm
- Wednesday mornings (term time): 10.00am – 12.00pm
- Wednesday evenings: 5.45pm – 7.15pm
- Thursday evenings: 5.30pm – 9.00pm
For details about hiring the Church Hall please contact our Parish Administrator, Esther on 01206 575565 (Parish office) or e-mail = admin (at) stleonardslexden.org.uk with your name, email address and details and we will get back to you.
Location & address
Find us on the map. Our postal address is St Leonard’s Church, Lexden Road, Colchester, CO3 4BL.
There is no specific car park at the church but parking is allowed in certain parts of in Church Lane and Lexden Road. Please be aware that these roads can be busy at times and spaces might be limited.
There is a bus stop in Lexden Road outside the church and on the opposite side. All buses going along Lexden Road into and from town will stop there.
There are a small number of steps with a handrail at the Church Lane entrance. The front of the church in Lexden Road has a wide pathway with no steps.